How Much Does The Camp Cost?
The camp is a not-for-profit event and is run by donations. Our expenses are great, so if God has given you the resources, you may send a donation with your application or contribute to the donation box at the camp. Father and Son Camp East’s Program and Camping are located at the same place with the camping costs also covered by donations. Our expenses for the weekend are expected to range from $50 to $60 per person for the program and $30 per site for the camping.
What Accommodations Are Available?
The event is being hosted at a farm, not a formal campground, so camping will be to the rustic side with each site including:
- Reasonably level tent site, a shared table (bring some chairs), and a fire ring, rest rooms, showers, firewood, and drinking water will be available near the sites.
- At-site parking will not be available, but equipment and campers will be shuttled to their sites from the parking area for setup and then back after tear down.
- All exercise in between is free of charge.
- Specific rules governing the camping arrangements are similar to those at any public campground.
- Please do not bring your pets.
- We will have limited RV and pop up sites.
- Contact Barbara Butler at 724-627-8656 for specifics on these and area hotels.
How Old Should My Son Be?
Every year, we have sons attending ranging in age from as young as three to as old as twenty five. There are activities available that are appropriate for each age group.
What Will The Weather Be Like?
Father and Son Camp East generally has pleasant conditions in October with daytime temperatures of 65ºF, and 40ºF–50ºF at night.
What Meals Are Provided?
While we provide dinner each evening, you are responsible for all of your other meals. You must bring your own food. Dinner menus to be posted at a later time.
Are the Activites Included/Available?
Rifle range, clay pigeons, archery, disc golf, hiking, paintball, biking (bring your own bikes), rappelling, zipline and obstacle course are included.
Should I Bring My Own Paintball Equipment?
Yes, bring your own paintball equipment. If you do not own any, you may rent full equipment for $20.00 per afternoon. You may purchase extra paintballs after you run out of the ones given to you.
Should I Bring My Own Gun or Bow?
For safety reasons, we ask that you do not bring any firearms, archery equipment or throwing knives. We will provide all necessary equipment for these activities.
What Should I Bring?
Bring everything you would need for a weekend in the outdoors: a tent, sleeping bag, pillows, lanterns or flashlights, camp chairs, water containers, rain gear, insect repellent, etc. We will provide firewood and drinking water is available near the sites.